Virginia International Terminals Shipline Empty Return Policy For:
Thursday 4/24/14 Empty depot(s) will receive empty containers after 3:00PM for AP, HP, HY, NY, OS, TR, UA and MZ. EXCEPTIONS: AI, CO, CMA, CV, PA & EV return to PPCY & PY ANNEX only. AL, CS, CH, MI, MS & SA return per Matrix only. Maersk / Safmarine empty pickups from PPCY ONLY. New trucker directions phone number to NIT & APM 866-263-6129.
***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: APL 286BX AND 496BX RETURN TO PPCY ANNEX.***
**HJ, KL, MD & MY EMPTIES ARE NOT PERMITTED TO RETURN TO NIT OR NCY.**
ATTENTION: VIT HAS MADE A CRUCIAL DECISION TO CLOSE NIT FOR RECEIVING OF EMPTIES (specials excluded) AT THIS TIME. DEPOTS WILL SUPPORT THIS DECISION. PLEASE REVISIT FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.
This matrix is updated every day around 16:30(4:30) hours for the next regular workday Monday through Friday
The Friday Matrix is good until close of business Monday or until the matrix is updated if Monday is a holiday
USE THIS MATRIX TO DETERMINE WHERE TO RETURN EMPTY CONTAINERS
Once the matrix is published no changes can be made for that day. The trucker can always use the matrix until the next day. If the trucker gets turned around at a marine terminal or empty yard, send an email to EmptyReturn@vit.org DO NOT USE THE 1-800 -285-5949 FOR RETURNING EMPTIES PLEASE USE THE MATRIX ONLY
How to Read the Matrix:
1) Find the shipline owner of the empty container in column One (1) or Two (2)
2) Locate the container size height and type column
3) When a marine terminal or empty yard code is at the intersection return the empty to that location
4) When the intersection has more than one code the box can be returned to either location. For example if it has “NIT / NCY“ it can be returned to either NIT or NCY.
5) Boxes directed to NCY or PPCY will not be accepted at the marine terminal. They will be turned at the gate.
6) You can click on "INELIGIBLE" to get further instructions from the Shipline. These empties cannot be returned.